Thursday, June 2, 2011

Lost

May 20, 2011
Broke camp as the rain started and the weekend campers were bringing in their rigs before they went to work for the day. It is Friday and campsites are first come / first serve.
The wind picked up after the rain stopped but it stayed cloudy all day. That sure doesn't help with the picture taking that I want to do. I missed my turn at Ortonville and end up driving 13 miles on a scenic rode before I could find a place to turn around. It ended up being the prettiest part of the day's drive.


Crossed in to South Dakota and it was raining hard no pictures of the state line welcome sign.
At Waubay, South Dakota in the Blue Dog Lake area waterfront properties and buildings were flooded. Roadside ditches and swales in the fields were full of water, with waterfowl everywhere there was water. This should be a very good year for Ducks Unlimited.
I passed Aberdeen, South Dakota and camped at Mina Lake State Recreation Area. It was South Dakota's free weekend and the vehicle pass fee was waived. I'll take that! Thank you very much!
I could pick up wifi signals but had no password for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment