Friday, June 3, 2011

Three Forks, Montana---No Spoons---Just wifi?

May 26 -28, 2011

I packed up and moved to Yellowstone National Park. The trip was a little like driving through a snow tunnel. The road was clear and dry but you couldn't see anything other than the banks and drifts of snow the plows had moved. Went to Old Faithful first to get pictures. It started snowing. White steam against an overcast sky of low clouds is no picture in my book.

I figured it was time for me to leave before I got snowed in. On the way out I saw Buffalo grazing in the snow along the road. I stopped for pictures and didn't realize that I had turned off the auto focus. They didn't turn out well. At lower elevations I got out of the snow.

At West Yellowstone, Montana I found a laundromat with showers. I took advantage of both then headed to Three Forks, Montana.

On the way there a truck was headed up the canyon, me headed down, deer in the middle. Pro basketball players can only dream of ever doing what that deer did going up the side of that canyon.

Camp Three Forks had mini cabins and wifi. I rented one so that I could get this blog up and running. Wifi I am learning is not all that it is cracked up to be. All wifi servers are not created equal. Enough said.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment