Friday, June 10, 2011

Fun!

June 4 -9, 2011

I found wifi again. I'm sure it was available in Whitehorse too. Only I hit there during rush hour and I didn't think towing the trailer would work very well. I did use the cell phone service to let my support team know that I was O. K. Now I am in Beaver Creek, Yukon.

Thank you Sue Tornow for the idea for this entry to the blog. When I down loaded my pictures from the last four days I had taken 312 pictures. So this entry is for the grandkids and anyone else with a sense of humor.

Left click on this picture to find the moose.


Here is the same moose closer. It looked at me for the picture when I started talking to it. You didn't know that Grandpa knew how to talk moose did you?


Left click on this picture to find the third water fall.


I talked to this Stone Sheep too, so he would pose for this picture.


This picture was taken at 3:00 am and the sun was starting to shine on the mountain top.



I am totally in awe of the scenery up here. They build roads where it is easiest and cheapest so nearly every where you look there are mountains around you. Sometimes far away and sometimes really close to you or under you.

The strech of road that I just traveled from Destruction Bay to Beaver Creek has been the worst so far. The perma-frost that it is built upon is shifting breaking the road. The temporary fix is to just cover it with gravel. While they do that the dust is really bad so they use a watertruck to keep the dust down. Water and dirt make mud. I don't know which is worse. I can't complain cause I can't offer anything better.

Enjoy, until next time. Tomorrow to Alaska.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks i loved the hunt for the waterfall im still trying to find it. And i did not know you could talk moose and sheep. awsome! I cant wait to see the new pictures from alaska. big hug from me to you!
    xoxoxo love victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi George. looked at htis Sunday after home from Burt Lake, cold and nasty, my garden is finally in good shape, hope to have a cheese and wine night in the next week and/or when my lilly"s are in bloom..great talking to you on Hagerty"s minutes be safe Sue

    ReplyDelete