Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Grand Tetons

May 23, 2011

Riverton, Wyoming to the Grand Tetons was rather uneventful with some rain. In the park at the turnouts I tried to select spots for pictures if the weather would change.

I stopped at the visitors center and bought a Seniors Lifetime Pass for $10.00. Entrance fee for me and up to five others is now free and camping is half-off. Betty found this one for me too. I think Uncle Chuck had told me about it years ago but I had forgotten. Imagine that! I guess being over 62 has a few perks.

I camped at Signal Mountain campground.

May 24, 2011

I woke to rain and cold but there was free wifi at Signal Mountain Lodge so I cleaned up my e-mail inbox and caught up on the news. The weather cleared a little in the afternoon and I worked on organizing my stuff a little more. I decided to stay one more day to try for pictures. The morning shift clerk at the convenience store, Chris Hall, has the same model camera that I do and he was giving me leads on spots for good views weather permitting.

May 25, 2011

I woke early to calm but overcast and went down to the picnic area by the lake for pictures if possible. Walking the shore toward the boat launch I spotted a patch of blue sky. Headed back to my campsite and got ready to head out. Left for a full and nearly prefect day of sightseeing and picture taking.



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures, George! Stay safe and enjoy the trip. Love, Jeanette and Bill

    ReplyDelete