Friday, May 27, 2011

Getting Started

May 16, 2011
3:00pm; Left home for my trip to Alaska 30 hours later than planned. The rain yesterday didn't help, but today was better for the final packing, even if it was cold and cloudy. First stop was Rocks & Roots to weigh the rig. Tongue weight was a little heavy but okay for now.
I will reshuffle the load as I use stuff. Stopped by Tractor Supply to check for straps for the tarp awning. No luck there. I'll keep trying.
Oops! I forgot to call the credit card company to tell them about my trip. I ask for a 120 day window on their fraud protection system. It would only allow 60 days. OK! I will call them again in 50 days or so.
The weather started clearing to the northwest by the time I reached Clio. Refuled at West Branch and decided to drive to the Mackinaw Bridge. At the rest area near Grayling I pulled over to sleep.

1 comment:

  1. I still can't get over how awesome your "rig" is! Travel Safe! Love, Amanda, Matt and Victoria

    ReplyDelete